[free-sklyarov] Hacker or Not?

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Jul 27 06:34:25 PDT 2001

At 06:32 AM 7/27/01 -0700, Keith A. Glass wrote:
>I hate to be all Washington and such, but it's a matter of spin control. . .

Hackerdom is part of this story, like it or not, per my previous message.
You can fight over whether Sklyarov should be labeled "hacker" or not, but
to say hackers aren't part of the broader Sklyarov story is just plain
false. Spin control doesn't equal lying -- except, perhaps, for some
congrescritters.

>At times like this, you have to wonder where the Lone Gunmen are, when we
>REALLY need them <g>

Didn't that series get cancelled? I think I panned it in a review.

-Declan