[free-sklyarov] A reply from amyg@publishers.org

David Haworth david.haworth at altavista.net
Fri Jul 27 06:57:43 PDT 2001

Hi All,

I got a reply from Pat Schroeder's personal reply-bot.
I think we've seen this one before.
Clearly they didn't bother to read the message.  :-(
I'll cc my reply to this one here too.

Dave

----- Forwarded message from Amy Gwiazdowski <amyg at publishers.org> -----

From: Amy Gwiazdowski <amyg at publishers.org>
To: "'david.haworth at altavista.net'" <david.haworth at altavista.net>
Subject: A press release on your website
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:26:11 -0400

Dear Mr. Haworth:

AAP stands by its press release of July 22 supporting the anticircumvention
provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and commending the
Department of Justice for acting on its responsibility to enforce the DMCA
in the matter of Dmitry Sklyarov.

devices that circumvent, encryption and other technological measures that
protect copyright in the digital environment,  AAP urges them to carefully
consider how their arguments would apply to precisely the same activities in
connection with encryption and other technological measures used to protect
privacy in that same environment.

Amy Gwiazdowski
AAP

[My original diatribe snipped for brevity]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
David Haworth
Baiersdorf, Germany