[free-sklyarov] Hacker or Not?

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Fri Jul 27 10:09:21 PDT 2001

Hi, Andrew!

> Yes I agree with you there. My ranting and ravings where to impress on
Declan
> how much this term has become misused.  If you thought I as was trying to
> force that label on Dimitry, I apologize.  That was not my intent.

Save my e-mail.

If you want to make some actions in Moscow for
clearing the term "hacker" -- press-conference,
public meeting, show, etc., for restoreing its
original noble meaning -- you can be sure of
our full support.  We need:

1. Call press to stop present malicious criminals
and script kiddies as "hackers".

2. To describe, what the word "hacker"
really means, by showing the best
people of hackerdom.

But only *after* Dmitry case.  If you aim two
great goals at one time, its risk not to achieve
any of them.  I'm in hackerdom since 1984,
when there were no personal computers in
Russia.  My mother used punch cards,
my teacher self-made computer, that he sold
with soldering iron, not by $$s and srewdriver,
I used programming calculator with postfix
notation.

But thats all drives us from our main aim --
to free Dmitry.  And global strategy --
repeal the DMCA.

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev