[free-sklyarov] Re: UK Free-Sklyarov Mailing List

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Fri Jul 27 11:37:14 PDT 2001

Hi, Alex!

> > > Everyone who has spoken to or corresponded with Oksana Sklyarov,
> > Oksana Sklyarova -- she's a woman.
> The US media WILL get confused by changing last names. For the purposes of
> any form of releases to the US media,

So only friendly media would speak correct -- its easy.

I think, EFF can remember that Oksana is "Sklyarova", as
a woman, and Dmitry is "Sklyarov", as a man.

> we're best off sticking to just
> "Sklyarov" (as is the convention here for all [Slavic and otherwise]
> gender-tagged last names around here).

So we must say "Alla Pugachev", "Valentina Tereshkov" ;-)

I don't insist, just say, that "Oksana Sklyarova" is correct.
And willn't make problems i.e. if she will be invited to the
court or desided to get from Adobe a moral compensation.
Because, as I guess, her international passport
name is "Oksana Sklyarova".

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev
Civil Hackers' School