[free-sklyarov] e-protest action for Dmitry, against DMCA

Ilya V. Vasilyev ath at limm.mgimo.ru
Fri Jul 27 15:36:02 PDT 2001

Hi, All!

I think, that we live in XXI century.  And methods of protest
are also changeing.  While traditional pickets are still good,
I want to make a new action, e-protest and ask people to join.

Free Dmitry * Free Dmitry * Free Dmitry * Free Dmitry * Free Dmitry * Free
Dmi
                                                tt                       tt
    eeeeee        ppppp   rr rrrr   oooooo     tt      eeeeee   sssss   tt
   ee   ee       pp   pp  rrr   r  oo    oo  ttttt    ee   ee  ss     ttttt
  eeeeeee  ____  pp  pp  rr       oo    oo    tt     eeeeeee    ssss   tt
  eee      ====  ppppp   rr       oo   oo    tt  tt  eee           ss  tt
tt
   eeeee        pp      rr         ooooo (1)  tttt    eeeee    sssss    tttt
                pp
Repeal the DMCA * Repeal the DMCA * Repeal the DMCA * Repeal the DMCA *
Repeal

Internet protest can help to join people from every town
and country.  I ask activists to make only *legal* use
of Internet.

During e-picket we will picket Adobe and FBI sites,
their web-forums.  All actions will be coordinated
via IRC server.  Because all actions in Internet
can be traced by logs, it is better to work via
some Internet cafe or public terminal.

I think, 1st e-protest we can make just on Monday,
July, 30, at 11:00 Pacific Time = 22:00 MSK = 18:00 UTC
to support real-world actions in United States.

Who want to participate and who already have some
group (in your town or distributed), that can join us,
feel free to answer here or to my e-mail.

You will need only web browser and IRC client.
For Windows you can download trial mIRC client
( www.mirc.org ).  Be sure to install it before protest.

- - -
Ilya V. Vasilyev
Civil Hackers' School