[free-sklyarov] Splitting the List

Klepht klepht at eleutheria.org
Fri Jul 27 17:30:02 PDT 2001

I'd like to suggest that perhaps we need to split this list in two.

Although I'm a free-sklyarov junkie and I read every email that comes
through, I've talked to a number of people who were unable to find
important information because of the high level of discussion on here.

I'd like to perhaps suggest that we might want to reserve
free-sklyarov for:

        - event coordination
        - tactical coordination
        - announcements
        - event reports
        - press sightings
        - Dmitry-related URLs

We could then have another list ("free-sklyarov-discuss"?) that would
be for such things as:

        - analysis of Dmitry's arrest, culpability, etc.
        - screeds against Adobe, the USA, Mueller, etc.
        - trolling Declan
        - general DMCA discussion
        - general civil liberties discussion

The fact is that we're awash in enthusiasm without coordination. We --
this list -- need to stay focussed on MAKING THINGS HAPPEN, and push
aside everything else.

I'm not saying the discussion isn't valuable or useful, but it's
overwhelming the strategy here, and we really need to stay focused on
strategy.

Monday, July 30th may be the biggest day in our short history as an
effort. We _NEED_ to go BIG. And we're not going to get there if we
can't work together.

~Klepht

klepht at eleutheria.org
http://www.eleutheria.org/