[free-sklyarov] Protest on Monday, another place?

Klepht klepht at eleutheria.org
Fri Jul 27 19:43:15 PDT 2001

    MKB> If the DoJ believes the law has been broken, they really have
    MKB> the obligation and duty to prosecute even if half the country
    MKB> is chanting outside their windows.

This is, happily, completely untrue. If prosecutors feel that they
don't have enough evidence to press a case, or that the "crime"
committed is not in The People's interest to pursue, they can choose
to drop the case. This happens all the time.

I don't have numbers, but I believe the majority of criminal cases do
not actually go all the way to sentencing. (Someone correct me if I'm
wrong.)

Unless the US Attorney's Office in Northern California is very blind,
they should see by now that this case is weak at best, especially
without the support of the original complainant, Adobe.

Right now, our focus is to convince them to hurry up and drop the
case. Quit dragging their heels, quit making political hay out of
having "taken down" a "cybercriminal," and let Dmitry out of jail.

~Klepht

klepht at eleutheria.org
http://www.eleutheria.org/