[free-sklyarov] We need the serious civil rights advocates

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Fri Jul 27 19:58:02 PDT 2001

Ok folks, the first round is over and their is some good news
and some bad news. The good news is that Adobe backed down seeing
an obvious PR disaster driven by the protest.

The bad news is that the EFF is now up against the big boys in the
criminal inJustice system now. They will need all of the help they
can get from people who have been there and done that. This is not
the time or place for amateurs.

So let's please quit playing the lone ranger and do all we can to get
the ACLU, Amnesty International, and for a real league with the devil
let's try MilbergWiess. I have written email and called all of these
organizations but it will be a big help if people can actually find some
free time, go to their offices, and solicit their help. Here are
some starting points from which with a little surfing you can turn up
local offices and contact information.

http://www.aclu.org/

http://www.amnesty.org/
http://www.amnesty-usa.org/

http://www.milberg.com/

Help me grow this list of allies. The civil rights movement was not invented
last week and we need to bring in as many of the old troops as well as
the new blood. These old line organizations are well organized and can help
both in turning out the troops and in providing resources to the legal
effort.

Free Dmitry!

As usual Google is great. For instance, "aclu san francisco" turns up
http://www.aclusf.org/ and so is often faster than thrashing around in a
large organizations web site.

Onward,

Bob La Quey