[free-sklyarov] Protest on Monday, another place?

mike castleman mlc67 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 27 20:22:25 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 08:03:38PM -0700, Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
> Anyway, I'm just speaking off the top of my head. In *theory, I
> wouldn't want a DoJ that is too easily swayed by the "passions of
> the moment." Law enforcement would be uneven and spastic. The law
> could be overturned by some noisy protests.

So, Congress enacts bad law. People protest DOJ. Law doesn't get
enforced. And this would be bad why, exactly? 'Twould be better, of
course, if bad laws never got written at all, but that's clearly not
happening.

BTW, this is another reason not to split the list into two: this
thread started quite on-topic as a discussion about a protest to hold
or not hold, but now we are talking about some kinda abstract
theory. Which list should we be on?

// mike castleman, mlc67 at columbia.edu
// current location: berekely, ca, us
// ph: +1 (646) 382-7220