[free-sklyarov] Splitting the List

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Fri Jul 27 21:10:11 PDT 2001

On 27 Jul 2001, at 17:30, Klepht wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that perhaps we need to split this list in two.

Good suggestion; the Freenet project has made very good experiences
with such a strategy. They have a "chat" list that is basically for
everything of secondary importance and a very focused development
list. People actually abide by the rules, but you need to remind them
of the rules from time to time. Put a list description in the footer:

##
free-sklyarov is a focused mailing list for coordination,
announcements, reports, press sightings and URLs.
free-sklyarov-chat is a general mailing list for discussions; if you
feel your mail is off-topic on the main list, please send it to chat.

To unsubscribe from either list, visit ..

It is important that people do not have to resubscribe for the
focused list in order to preserve the momentum, therefore the
transition phase -- getting chatters to use chat -- will be a bit
clumsy.

Just my 2 Pf.

Regards,

Erik

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin/Germany
Phone: +49-30-45491008 - Web: <http://www.humanist.de/erik>

"History is full of people who, out of fear or ignorance or the lust
for power, have destroyed treasures of immeasurable value which truly
belong to all of us. We must not let it happen again." -- Carl Sagan