[free-sklyarov] Mainstream Support

James S. Huggins (Free Sklyarov) FreeSklyarov at ZName.com
Sat Jul 28 19:49:43 PDT 2001

I asked:
Outside of the hacker and digital communities, what "mainstream"
organizations have, so far, said that they "agree"?

Which ones might?

Someone suggested the ACM. It is perhaps a bit close to technology, and not
as "mainstream" as I was looking for, but all company is welcome.

Then it was suggested:
The civil rights movement was not invented last week by the programming
community.
<snip>
We need to quit playing the lone ranger and do all we can to get the ACLU,
People for the American Way, Amnesty International and other old line
organizations involved.

Ok. The civil rights community.

Now, let me follow up.

Who else? Anyone?