[free-sklyarov] Usenix, was "just a small idea"

Rob McGee SerrQzvgev at zxmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:26:10 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:12:19AM -0700, Klepht wrote about "just a small idea":
> Actually, was Alan Cox giving any talks? I bet his room is free, and
> it'd make a pretty powerful replacement.

I would suggest to the Usenix people that they play up Alan's absence.
A strtegically placed empty chair. A quiet room, "Alan's room", with no
activity, maybe only some flyers and information about Dmitri.

Hey, while they're at it, maybe there should be a chair for Dmitri too.
Under DMCA there will be more empty chairs next time around.

The "absent hero" is a tried and true dramatic device for getting a
point across quietly yet forcefully.

    Rob - /dev/rob0