[free-sklyarov] Linux update withholds security info on DMCA terror

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Fri Nov 2 11:42:10 PST 2001

On Friday 02 November 2001 10:35, Matthew Russotto wrote:

> > I'm afraid I have to agree with Kenneth Burger over the latest Alan Cox
> move.  He's deliberately overstating the DMCA and taking extreme actions in
> order to draw attention to the cause, and he's punishing Linux users and
> maintainers to do it.

Hi:  Whew!  Pretty strong stuff, don't you think?  Or do you think?  Maybe,
just maybe you should think about this.  The DMCA is a big hammer.  If it
doesn't go away, you and I will see Linux go away.  The Alan Cox's of the
world will not only post that they fear the DMCA, but they just plain won't
post.  Period.  What you tasted, with Alan Cox taking the time to post that
he wasn't going to post, and providing the reason for not posting, was a
glimpse of the future.  Keep the DMCA and lose Linux, Open Source, computers
as we know them, and enjoy your expensive new "certified, registered,
approved" entertainment device.  GET A GRIP, Matthew.  <grin>   Tom