[free-sklyarov] RE: FJIA etc

Will Janoschka wiljan at pobox.com
Tue Nov 6 09:41:25 PST 2001

I was speaking of jury nullification in a US criminal trial.  I believe
that is still legal in the US.  I am sure there can be exceptions, i.e.
external evidence of jury tampering etc.  I believe that not even the
judge is allowed to investigate the deliberations of the jury.  I believe the
jury may agree to acquit because the prostituting  attorney was picking his
nose during the trial, and that such a verdict would withstand challenge.
I would really like to know.        -will-