[free-sklyarov] RE: FJIA etc That is supposed to be FIJA (dislexia I guess)

Will Janoschka wiljan at pobox.com
Thu Nov 8 06:27:31 PST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:52:45 Matthew Russotto russotto at pond.com wrote:

>     (B) a technological measure ''effectively controls access to a
>          work'' if the measure, in the ordinary course of its operation,
>          requires the application of information, or a process or a
>          treatment, with the authority of the copyright owner, to gain
>          access to the work.
>
>Unfortunately, while the measure is ineffective in the real world, it
>does seem to fall squarely under this clause.

Dimtry is being charged under a part of the DMCA with a different definition.

    (B) a technological measure ''effectively protects a right of a
        copyright owner under this title'' if the measure, in the
        ordinary course of its operation, prevents, restricts, or
        otherwise limits the exercise of a right of a copyright owner
        under this title.

What right of a copyright holder is being restricted?    (owner is a new word)
Can I ever exercise YOUR right?
                                             -will-
"Erwin," said Frau Schroedinger, "What did you do to the cat; it looks half dead."