[free-sklyarov] Dual Moralism

Jei jei at cc.hut.fi
Thu Nov 15 02:08:03 PST 2001

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been determined to be legal for
FBI agent's to hack into foreign computers to get evidence? I.e. it is
now legal for them to break the laws of other countries to get results
and their work done.

I believe some Russian hackers were lured to US, where their keystrokes
and passwords were logged, and used to break into Russian servers to get
the evidence against them. The FBI agents who committed the crime, are
still running free and unaccused.

And as Dmitry Sklyarov's case is showing, a foreigner is now being tried
for something he did in Russia and that was legal there, and now stands
arrested and accused for it in the USA. (Writing a decryption program for
some files and giving a speech about it.)

I am wondering how much more blatant do things need to go?

America is showing incredible disrespect for the laws of other
countries, as well as the basic civil and human rights of any
non-americans.