[free-sklyarov] FC: President Bush says military tribunals will try civilian cases (fwd)

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Sun Nov 18 20:32:53 PST 2001

On Sunday 18 November 2001 19:40, Bob La Quey wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> The secret tribunals are supposedly targeted at Bin Laden and Al Qeda.
> Some of us may well fear that the government will overreach and apply
> this power in cases like Dmitry's. I hope not, but feel we must be
> vigilant.
- - -snip - - -

Hi:  An understatement, for sure.  I don't think it was a week ago, in
England, with regard to their security measures discussion, it was something
like, and I paraphrase, we are passing security measures necessary to fight
terrorism, and, oh, yes, this law will also be used to control the football
hooligans.   Unbelievable, but true.  If I recall, it was a measure that
altered how passport holders would be treated.  Yes, you should know, my
source was the infamous The Register.   Thanks, Tom