[free-sklyarov] Dmitry gets new, high-profile defense lawyer: John Keker

Kurt Foss kfoss at planetpdf.com
Fri Oct 5 21:22:13 PDT 2001

At 9:06 PM -0700 10/4/01, Xeni Jardin wrote:
>Didn't see this posted here yet -- apologies if I missed it.

We posted an item on this a short time back -->

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:31:26 -0500

Court hearings for ElcomSoft Co. Ltd. and Dmitry Sklyarov, indicted
on five counts of violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act,
have been postponed until Nov. 26. In an expansion of the legal
defense team, John W. Keker, selected in a recent survey as the
most-often named California 'lawyer other lawyers would hire' and
former Iran-Contra special prosecutor of Oliver North, is now
representing Sklyarov. Joseph Burton continues to represent ElcomSoft.

http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=1662

rgds ~ Kurt

Planet PDF - A world of Acrobat/PDF news, tips, tools and forums
mailto:kfoss at binarything.com | mailto:kfoss at planetpdf.com
http://www.binarything.com/ | http://www.planetpdf.com/
BinaryThing.com - The ePublishing Network