[free-sklyarov] Re: [fairuse-discuss] Fair Use is a Balance?

Brooklyn Linux Solutions CEO ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Wed Oct 10 16:51:54 PDT 2001

This discussion sucks, and I'll tell you why,.

Copyright is the exception to Fair Use. Logically, this is obvious if not
obscured by gibberish double talk, and is the official position of NY Fair
Use.

If Copyright is not the exception to Fair Use, then what the hell are those
rights which humans have under the 1st and 4th amendments which Copyright
infringed on?

It's the objective of NY Fair Use to get this phrasiology enacted into law.

ALSO - I have no use for the word 'Copyright'. Like other movements, we
need to take control of the language used when discussing the issues.

'Copyright' (and intelelctual property) needs to go the way of the word
'nigger' and be replaced with a more civil term like "Cultural Artifacts
under limited government franchise to private interests". CAULGF for short.

Ruben

New Yorkers for Fair Use - because it's either
fair use or useless....

-- Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com
http://www.brooklynonline.com