[free-sklyarov] Fwd: pho: Wired News :RIAA Wants to Hack Your PC

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Mon Oct 15 13:52:58 PDT 2001

On Monday 15 October 2001 12:35, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> > Interesting twist on the USA act and the sudden outrage of the RIAA --
> mafia racket for Sony, EMI, Warner, BMG, Universal and 600 other lables
> to strong-arm their customers -- at discovering they might not be able
> to counter-hack fair-use practitioners.

Hello:  Well, while these guys are wreaking havoc across the globe with their
idiocy, I wonder just how many are beginning to move away from media crap.

I find myself having tuned the 'ol radio station to something that's
tolerable, spending more time listening to classical stations, and ignoring
anything being hyped out there.  For special pleasure, a trip to the local
jazz club, maybe, or concert.  Life without the hystrionics of shit-throwers
like the RIAA, and music and entertainment industry.  Bet there just might be
enough of us to discourage the artists trying to make a living.  Too bad.  I
feel sorry for them.  The publisher side can either GET WITH IT, or GET OUT,
as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe opportunity is knocking at the door for a big run on music appreciation
classes in our schools.  Give the kids alternatives, as the cost is
prohibitive in all ways.  Just a thought,   tom