[free-sklyarov] New stuff up on EFF

Keith Handy keith at indierecords.com
Mon Oct 15 20:15:15 PDT 2001

> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:32:47 -0700
> From: Alex Katalov <akatalov at elcomsoft.com>
> To: free-sklyarov at zork.net
> Subject: Re[4]: [free-sklyarov] New stuff up on EFF
>
> Dear Daniel,
>
> DR> Hmm, will Elcomsoft continue making programs that may be illegal in
> DR> the US or not? (And just make sure not to visit there, of course)
>
> We never make any programs that are illegal in US (if somebody thinks,
> that we did, this is his problem, but only court can decide this) and
> we are not going to do such programs in future. All our programs are
> absolutely legal an lawful!!!

I think I've been following this list pretty consistently, and hadn't
heard this said before.  My understanding was that everyone here is
challenging a new, existing (albeit bad), and yet untested American law
which makes your product technically illegal here.

I'm only subscribed to the digest, so forgive me if the discussion is
already further along than this by now -- but if some of us aren't on
the same page here, what are we missing?

-Keith