[free-sklyarov] Re: [DMCA_discuss] Hollings Schedules SSSCA Hearings October 25

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Fri Oct 19 10:48:17 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:37:01AM -0700, tom poe wrote:
> > I propose a three month boycott of all Disney products, beginning the day
> > of the hearing (Oct 25th) and lasting until January 25th. This should hurt
> > them significantly (if enough people are involved) since they will miss out
> > on all Christmas sales etc.

what you need to do to cause them a panic attack is reach the general
public. a few well-placed TV ads will do. check which stations are owned
by disney first and don't bother with them. not only would they
(obviously) not run it, they might also alarm their higher-ups who
could then start calling in favour from the other stations.

that takes some bucks, but not as much as many people think. unless you
want to be on at primetime or during superbowl, of course.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org