[free-sklyarov] Re: [DMCA_discuss] Hollings Schedules SSSCA Hearings October 25

Sonia Araña spider at sneakybastard.com
Sun Oct 28 01:11:55 PST 2001

>>beginning the day
>>should hurt
>>will miss out
>
>Good luck.  The Southern Baptists have been boycotting Disney for
>years over their same-sex partner benefits and general friendliness
>towards queers.  There are a lot more of them than there are angry
>nerds, and Disney hasn't even flinched.

They haven't flinched because gay people and their supporters greatly
outnumber the Southern Baptists. Also because a good lot of their
work force would disappear if they started taking the Baptist view of
homosexuality.

If our boycott was big enough (ie, get a lot more than angry geeks to
participate) they'd notice. But I don't know that we could educate
that many people in so short a time. It took how many years for
homosexuality to be moved from a crime and a mental illness to a
political cause worth defending?

Sonia