[free-sklyarov] Adobe FAQ

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 3 12:57:59 PDT 2001

on Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 11:00:57PM -0700, Alex Katalov (akatalov at elcomsoft.com) wrote:

> Adobe FAQ: ElcomSoft legal background
> http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200108/elcomsoftqa.html
>
> Although Adobe withdrew its support for the criminal complaint against
> Dmitry Sklyarov, we respect the grand jury's and federal government's
> role in prosecuting this case.
> Adobe intends to cooperate fully with the government in this matter as
> required by law.
> Adobe continues to support the DMCA and the enforcement of copyright
> protection of digital content.

We should have a counterpoint to this FAQ posted, specifically backed
with content from the FBI's affidavit showing Adobe's involvement in the
initial complaint, and featuring callouts, specifically:

    [Adobe] respect[s] the grand jury's and federal government's role in
    prosecuting this case.

    Adobe continues to support the DMCA and the enforcement of copyright
    protection of digital content.

These two statements should be featured prominantly on future materials
and press releases produced supporting Sklyarov and the anti-DMCA
battle.  Adobe's complicity will not go unmentioned.

Cheers.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/