[free-sklyarov] Skylarov quotes

Robloch at aol.com Robloch at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 02:45:08 PDT 2001

sfgate article:

There are some great quotes from Dmitry:

"I don't like to be a symbol of justice or something like that," Sklyarov
said. "I want to be on my own and do things that I like to do, not what many
people want from me. My main intention is to go back to Russia."

"I am a computer engineer. I am not a hacker," Sklyarov said.

"I've never been in jail in Russia, but I know jail in Russia is much worse
than in the United States," said Sklyarov, who seems unruffled about his
predicament. "I was three days in the Russian military -- as part of
graduating from the university I became an officer of the military reserve.
Food in the military was worse than in American jail."

"I've spent some time using the computer, reading newsgroups and Web sites
about me." He laughed: "Well, not only about me."

"I am not so familiar as Bill Gates," he said, grinning.

"There is nothing personal about me and this country. If it will be necessary
for me to get to this country for a job, for fun, for some other purposes,
probably I will return back -- if the country will allow me to do that," he
said.

"But now -- I don't like living in the United States," he said. "It's another
country with other rules. I prefer to live in Russia."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/08/31/B

U219882.DTL&type=tech

Cheers
Robert