[free-sklyarov] Adobe Seminar

David Haworth david.haworth at altavista.net
Tue Sep 4 23:24:35 PDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:52:07PM -0400, Richard M. Smith wrote:
> Besides information about the Sklyarov case, it would be nice to also
> have a write-up entitled "Why MS Reader is a better choice for eBooks"
> to give to attendees.  Perhaps such a document already exists on the Web
> that can easily be printed out.

Why should we spread misinformation? MS's reader is just as restrictive
and just as flawed as Adobe's offering.

Perhaps a better line would be "Why an open format would be a better
choice for eBooks", the advantages being: cheaper, greater target
audience,  fewer complaints from dissatisfied readers, among others.
We should point out that all security claims made be the vendors
of reader software are purely imaginary.

Dave

--
David Haworth
Baiersdorf, Germany