[free-sklyarov] Adobe wipes their hands clean of Skylarov

Kurt Foss kfoss at planetpdf.com
Wed Sep 5 05:40:59 PDT 2001

>3. Have Adobe made any false claims about the security of their
>eBook reader (similar to the "100% burglarproof" claim by another
>vendor whose name I forget right now)?

Whether these are false claims or not we leave for others to judge;
but this is the official language:

http://www.adobe.com/products/contentserver/overview2.html

Encryption Technology

"The Adobe Content Server supports both PDF Merchant and EBX digital
rights management schemes including encryption technology licensed
from the industry leader, RSA Laboratories. There are two levels of
encryption: 64 bit and 128 bit. With 64-bit encryption, there are 20
billion billion possible keys to decipher the coded information, and
only one of them works. Someone intercepting the information would
have to find the right key - a nearly impossible task. With 128-bit
encryption, the number of possible keys is the square of the number
of 64-bit keys. It is virtually impossible for an unauthorized party
to find the right key, even if that party is equipped with the best
computers."

rgds ~ Kurt

Planet PDF - A world of Acrobat/PDF news, tips, tools and forums
mailto:kfoss at binarything.com | mailto:kfoss at planetpdf.com
http://www.binarything.com/ | http://www.planetpdf.com/
BinaryThing.com - The ePublishing Network