[free-sklyarov] Fwd: [DMCA_discuss] Call To Action!

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Wed Sep 5 10:57:55 PDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jon O. wrote:

> FYI:
> --- tom poe <tompoe at renonevada.net> wrote:
> >
> > This would be a movement coordinating the publicizing of an international
> > Anti-DMCA Day sometime in the months or year following, and make some
> > remarkable demonstration of what happens on the Internet when everyone
> > respects the DMCA censorship tactics by censoring their sites.  If it's a
> > week, even better.

	"Of course, if the DMCA really was used on this site, it would
	 be shut down for a minumum of *ten days*, regardless of who
	 complained about it or why."

	I do like the single line statement with the link.  It's very powerful.
	Yet, I have the desire to put smaller print below it saying such like,
	"Please go to a website owned by Disney, Fox, or AOL/Time-Warner.
	 The rest of the Internet is scheduled to be demolished."  Or such.

	["And clear your cache after visiting those sites, or else you are
	  a criminal."]