[free-sklyarov] Adobe wipes their hands clean of Skylarov

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Sep 5 11:37:12 PDT 2001

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, mike castleman wrote:
> If memory serves, a corporation does not have the 5th-Amendment right
> to avoid testifying even in a criminal case. If I'm right, then this
> is in fact the only right that corporations do not have and real
> people do. But, like many others here, I am not a lawyer nor qualified
> to give legal advice.

Well, as I said, how would this right be exercised?

I swear, we need to get the Court to set the record straight with regard
to the legal standing of corporations (i.e. make it clear that they are
fictional entities with limited purpose and no inherent "rights").  I
WOULD say "the Court should reconsider..." if not for the fact that it was
never CONSIDERED in the first place.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin