[free-sklyarov] [Fwd: The Rising Tide Studios Digital Rights Management Summit.]

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at RealMeasures.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 6 22:24:19 PDT 2001

(Forwarded from New York Fair Use list.  This is the same commentator
that posted the "Growing Up = Being an Information Consumer" line that
was posted on July 2.)

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:27:05 -0400
From: "Lucas Gonze" <lucas at gonze.com>

-----Original Message-----

Dear Silicon Alley Daily, Digital Coast Daily and VentureReporter.net
subscribers,

I'm thrilled to annouce that our Digital Rights Management Summit next
week is drawing the biggest names in the digital content, distribution
and technology space in the world (see names below).

The event is focused on the executives and companies that are fighting,
and in many cases winning, the battle to get users on the Internet to
become paying customers, and to protect rights holders and their work.

At the event the top 50 executives from content companies like the ones
listed below will take a look at case studies from people like the New
York Times, Playboy.com, Salon.com, Edgar Online and even
F---edCompany.com. All of which are getting consumers to take out their
wallets and pay for content.

My personal thanks goes out to Recriprocal which has support our efforts
to pull together this very special and important event.

If you are a technology or services firm interested in becoming a
presenting sponsor please contact Jay.Chicoy at siliconalleyreporter.com.

If you are interested in attending please visit our webiste for details:
   http://www.drmsummit.com/tickets.html

The event is taking place next week, on September 12th, at the Hudson
Hotel.

Best Regards,

Jason McCabe Calacanis
editor & CEO, Silicon Alley Reporter & VentureReporter.net
jason.calacanis at venturereporter.net

Executives from the following companies will be attending the
Digital Rights Management Summit taking place on September 12th at
the Hudson Hotel in New York City:

 - About.com
 - American Chemical Society
 - ASCAP