[free-sklyarov] [DMCA_discuss] CNET - Security workers: Copyright law stifles

Brooklyn Linux Solutions ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Sep 6 23:05:43 PDT 2001

<<What it seems to me that we want is to define software as 100% expression
and thus protected speech .>>

No - what we want to assure the right to ownership of copyrighted
inforamtion.  We shouldn't be allowed to "RENT" information.  We must have
the freedom to OWN the copy we have, minus some limitations as a concession
to copyright.

Fair Use, as an expression of property rights and freedom of speach must be
rightfully take precedence over copyright and certainly due process, and
illegal search and seizure MUST take precedence over Copyright.

Ruben
--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com