[free-sklyarov] FT article

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Fri Sep 7 07:23:33 PDT 2001

>> It seems to me there's something
>> profoundly incoherent (mathematically) in the concept of
>> "circumvention".

DH> It's not just the concept of circumvention that's incoherent.
DH> The whole DMCA is pretty incoherent.

We are in a mess, really deep there ...
I try to avoid courts by all means possible -
too many laws are using incoherent notions, definitions
and can be interpreted in many unexpected and not obvious ways

*Do not judge* is one of very few laws that is coherent
When i think about the Judgement Day i feel it will not
be about judging people but about forgiving people and
those not forgiven will have noone to blame but themselves
This is where coherence of *Do not judge* comes from
If you are non-believer you still feel the coherence...

I somehow feel no coherence in the notion of *fare use*
feel no coherence in the notion of *copyright*
very much less coherence in DMCA ...

There are coherent laws and i try to keep my live
ruled by these laws. i fail often but never give up.

Copyrights and DMCA case for me is resolved very easily:
I do not promise what i cannot fullfil and i
say this in advance. So i say let's do not
use copyrighted products and explain this to
copyright holders - there can always be situations
when i will be oblieged (by coherent law) to break copyright law
I would like to buy from authors the following statement -
"my work is free to copy and use as you like" this is
something like Bob Smart adds to his posts:

"What I wrote above is hereby dedicated to the public domain and may be freely
used, in whole or in part, with or without attribution."

And so do I

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt