[free-sklyarov] A constructive form of protest

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Fri Sep 7 12:42:23 PDT 2001

At 03:57 AM 9/7/01 -0400, John Dempsey wrote:
>This man Touretzky has collected some alternative devices:
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gallery/index.html

Thanks John,

I will check it out.

>I am in total agreement about a professional boycott of Adobe tools,
>specifically by identifying alternatives.  Perhaps more effective then my
>approach.
>http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=4687962&tid=adbe&sid=468
>7962&mid=17586
>http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=4687962&tid=adbe&sid=468
>7962&mid=17585

I share the outrage that are expressed quite well in the messages cited above.

Adobe get's Dmitry put in jail and then washes their hands of the entire affair.
We cannot just let this slide by. We will not.

Since several people have indicated interest in going straight at Adobe
with alternate products it appears our first project is simply to do an
exhaustive survey of what (and who) is out there producing potential
competitors to Adobe's products. We can then share that knowledge with
all who wish to truly boycott Adobe and thus help free Dmitry.

Armed with the knowledge of the existing competing products we can
then turn toward the question of where Open Source/Free programming
energy can be best deployed.

I suggest we hang around this mailing list for a little while
longer then if it seems this is going soemwhere we can setup
our own.

And Seth, please jump in if you feel we have wandered too far off
topic.

Bob La Quey