[free-sklyarov] Re: free-sklyarov digest, Vol 1 #220 - 45 msgs

David desJardins david at desjardins.org
Sat Sep 8 11:34:21 PDT 2001

Xcott Craver <sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU> writes:
> Her complaint, in a nutshell, is that all this DRM crap was thrown in
> without any warning sticker on the box.

This apparently isn't true.  There's a label on the box that discloses
the copy protection, but her lawyer alleges that it isn't lengthy or
explicit enough.

I'm not sure I think these people are on my side.  Do we really gain if
the outside of every box is covered with lengthy legal mumbo-jumbo that
no one actually reads?

  -- David desJardins