[free-sklyarov] My reply to USNews

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 8 13:38:52 PDT 2001

on Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 11:50:23AM -0400, Keith Handy (keith at indierecords.com) wrote:
> I was unable to send this to the C-FIT list.  It kept bouncing back.

<...>

> How well is this approach working for the so-called "war on drugs"?

Be careful in confounding issues.  As much as I'm in agreement with
your thinking, the _reason_ that the WoD continues despite the rather
blatent failure of it to accomplish even a fraction of its goals, and at
a tremendous cost to civil liberties, is that it is as contentious as it
is.

Eric Raymond, in free software circles, deserves similar criticism for
his insistance on placing gun rights statements in his writings.  It
causes needless confusion.  Stick to a single issue, or if you *are*
going to draw parallels to an outside cause, make it extremely Mom &
Apple Pie.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/