[free-sklyarov] Adobe FAQ

John Dempsey john.dempsey7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 9 01:03:13 PDT 2001

>>> Don't forget our secret weapon, the concerned Adobe employees.
>>> We should do everything we can to keep them on our side,

>> I don't think Adobe employees are on our side, on the whole. Adobe seems
>> to have given them quite a bit of propaganda.

> Ok. So, in an ideal world, how would we correct that?

Adobe employs many incredibly smart and free-thinking people.  I have a
scattered campaign to reach them through Yahoo investor boards (ADBE).
Employees often read these places.  Look at everything Adobe has said so
far, and it adds up to a pretty shoddy operation.  This is an indicator that
they're in spin mode and aren't unified internally.  How could they be when
their position is so incoherant?  As much as the DMCA would benefit Adobe
the company, I believe many of Adobe's people know better.  Communicating
the injustice of the law to them weakens Adobe's resolve.

This is a secondary issue to boycotting, bad-mouthing, and circumventing
Adobe publicly.  Those teeth will make the next guy think twice.