[free-sklyarov] SSSCA - Analysis (Q&D)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Sep 10 02:33:37 PDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Tom wrote:
> however, someone already mentioned where the real battlefield will be:
> the 2nd attempt, the "compromise" bill. which will read very sensible
> once you've been shocked by the first (which is its only purpose) but
> will still be a "go to jail" wildcard for everyone.

The DMCA is the "compromise bill".

They escalate every two or three years and we can't fight back fast
enough.

So we'll spend our energy blocking this and the public will be too burned
out to go on and reverse the DMCA.

They know we have momentum NOW so they're diverting our energies to this
monster.

I say we tackle the DMCA and STICK TO IT.  We win that battle and this one
will fall as well.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin