[free-sklyarov] getting physical

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Mon Sep 10 13:07:37 PDT 2001

On 10 Sep 2001, at 15:39, Clark C . Evans wrote:

> Construct a device (physical) which somehow
> encrypts via enclosure

You don't need to circumvent encryption to violate the DMCA. Use a
box, with an eyeslit, that contains a book, but also has a lock.
Breaking the lock, even if you own the box, is illegal. If you want
to enhance the effect, give the box a coinslot which opens the
eyeslit for 10 seconds only. And make the book Alice in Wonderland.

Regards,
Erik

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin/Germany
Phone: +49-30-45491008 - Web: <http://www.humanist.de/erik>

"If we don't improve our ability to deal collectively with complex
things, as the problems grow more urgent, we're in trouble."
 - Douglas Engelbart