[free-sklyarov] courses of action

Kenneth Burger krburger at burger-family.org
Mon Sep 10 20:49:31 PDT 2001

I can tell you the only way that's going to settle our first gradual, now
rapid loss of rights and freedoms is when a civil war breaks out and someone
with some sense puts the country back the way it ought to be.  Politicians
don't care about us anymore, nor do they care about what we think.  Some
could care less if they get reelected because they already have golden
parachutes made for them by the large businesses they've been helping.
Don't get me wrong.  I don't advocate violence as a way to solve problems,
but historically that's been the only way that's actually solved problems at
least for a time.  Every country starts getting corrupted officials and then
it escalates and gets worse, till finally people get fed up and say
"ENOUGH".  I hope this does magically turn around from our efforts, but
you've got to face reality.  If this measure passes then our government has
just slapped us in the face with a gauntlet and said that they don't give a
damn what we want because we can't give them millions of dollars to fill
their wallets like the MPAA and the RIAA can.  That point is pretty much the
point of no return.  From there it's open season on the Constitution,
including the Bill of Rights.  I can just see it now.  Former employees
prohibited from speaking ill of their old companies because they might
accidentally give away a trade secret.  Never mind that they probably won't
because they COULD and that's all that matters.  Our rights have been
spiraling down the drain ever since I can remember and I doubt it's going to
stop any time soon.  I'll keep writing letters and protesting and telling
everyone I can, but eventually it's not going to work anymore and I don't
know what I'll do then, but I'm sure as hell not going to stand around and
be oppressed.  I'll go live on some secluded island somewhere if I have to,
but I aint going to stay somewhere with a government like that.