[free-sklyarov] Would I have to pay for the Privilege

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 11 03:45:35 PDT 2001

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Sean DuVally wrote:

> Under the SSSCA, If I were to manufacture a interactive digital device,
> would I have to pay for a license for a certified security technology?
> Who would certify the this technology?

	Well, no matter what happens you will have to pay for it,
	at least in time and resources to add the technology to your
	code (plus the cost of chips in the case of hardware.)

	This means, by the way, that we should reasonably expect
	a very angry computer industry to oppose this bill (at the
	very least because it mandates the inclusion of technology
	that has not been made to work yet, and which may never work.)

							=X
	["Reasonably."]