[free-sklyarov] Where is Dmitry

Will Janoschka wiljan at pobox.com
Tue Sep 11 10:49:55 PDT 2001

  Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org  said:
> on the other hand, this list is supposed to be about freeing him.

> How did letter-writing go?  Do people have sample letters they'd like
> to share?

  Sorry Seth, I keep getting hung up trying to sound reasonable, keeping
  it a couple of days to make sure it stays reasonable,  then starting
  all over again.

  Currently I believe the DMCA is not law but rather a piece of illegal
  legislation.  I will get into that another time.

  It appears that even the adults at the DoJ are not backing down and
  this may be a l-o-n-g process.  Sorry Dmitry!  On a positive note:
  perhaps the adults at the DoJ don't like the DMCA either and believe
  that this is a good test because it is a criminal case and the media
  lawyers can't put their spin on it (much).

  Others have said that the Supreme Court generally only takes out pieces
  of bad law.  I think this is true only because only pieces of the law
  are given the SC for consideration.  Personally I hope the SC takes out
  all of Title 17 sometime soon.

  To keep this list on focus, I would suggest that the list members take the
  DMCA (as far as it applies to Dmitry) apart word for word and find ALL the
  things wrong.  I am not trying to influence Mr. Burton's defense, but rather
  keep the list focused, and just perhaps give Mr. Burton some extra bullets
  should this have to go to the SC.              Thanks,    -will-