[free-sklyarov] Libertarian Party, Ron Paul, and the DMCA

Matthew T. Russotto russotto at pond.com
Wed Sep 12 10:42:35 PDT 2001

Seth, Rep. Ron Paul was not in the Senate at the time of the DMCA vote (nor
any other time).  The bill apparently passed the House on a voice
vote, and Rep. Ron Paul did not make any remarks on it if I read the record
properly.  It does not appear he was on the appropriate committees
(Ways&Means and Commerce).  He does not have anything on the DMCA on
his site.  I suspect inquries from those in the 14th District of Texas
are most likely to get a response -- his web page is
http://www.house.gov/paul