[free-sklyarov] Topicality

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Wed Sep 12 13:48:51 PDT 2001

	I still think the best example is CD shrinkwrap.  Better because
	CDs *do* have shrinkwrap, and everyone hates it.

	I'd also avoid the contractual stuff (sounds more like UCITA,)
	and just ask people to imagine if removing the shrinkwrap for
	any reason became a federal crime.

	Some people argue that these crazy use restrictions are fair.
	Some people frame this whole thing as a crackdown on evil pirates.
	But virtually all Americans will agree a law is daft and wrong if
	it makes everyone a criminal, for reasons of legal convenience.

								=X