[free-sklyarov] Topicality

Will Janoschka wiljan at pobox.com
Wed Sep 12 15:56:33 PDT 2001

 Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net said:
> I understand that the whole Alice thing was misrepresented, but this isn't
> an Alice reference, I don't think.
> J. --

  No, I was not talking about Alice,  I was not talking about e-books.

  The contributors to this list seem to believe that "technological" in
  (technological measures) means somthing like high tech, computers,
  or electronics.  no way!!!

  technological : adj.   pertaining to the industrial arts collectively.

  measure : n.
       1. A unit or standard for determining extent, volume, etc.,
          by comparison.
       2. Any standard of comparison.
       3. the instrument, act, or system of measurement.
       4. any definite quantity measured.
       5. A legislative bill.
       6. A rhythmical unit or movement, in poetry, music, or dance.

  Buzzwords all--. Together no meaning at all, 'till a court decides what
  the phrase means.   It will not mean what you thought it ment.

   "technological measures" means anything at all, if you have a good lawyer.

                                                          -will-