[free-sklyarov] What is Copyright?

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Thu Sep 13 04:08:44 PDT 2001

>> the text-to-speech feature is disabled for certain e-books. that may be
>> moronic, stupid, short-sighted and customer-unfriendly, but it sure
>> isn't ILLEGAL.
that's right
BUT
>> if I find a way to make it output speech, that shouldn't be a crime.
That's exactly what i was talking about all the time when i say
copyright is bad law.
JD> Strenuously agreed.  But it is plasuable that removing features from media
JD> eventually removes the copyright protection of the media.
So what ? What is wrong with that ?
There is no laws restricting developing protection of IP so there should be no laws
restricting breaking such protections.
If industry developes copy-protected CDs everything is ok with that
If hackers develope methods breaking such protection everything is ok with that
Both things are natural rights of each side of the conflict.

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt
--
What I wrote above is hereby dedicated to the public domain and may be freely
used, in whole or in part, with or without attribution.