[free-sklyarov] Topicality

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Thu Sep 13 04:27:21 PDT 2001

>> > this is the disabling of a FEATURE. if you want to compare e-books to
>> > regular books, then you have to realize that regular books don't
>> > contain a "read aloud" feature.
>>
>> If the eBook reader software has the feature, what gives the publisher
>> the right to disable it?
the publisher has natural right to disable it, but NOONE has the right
to prevent ANYONE from enableing the feature. and DMCA is prohibiting
such enableing of the features. Not only enableing cannot be
prohibited but also the use of the enabled feature can not be prohibited

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt
--
What I wrote above is hereby dedicated to the public domain and may be freely
used, in whole or in part, with or without attribution.