[free-sklyarov] Re: Why don't the subscribers of this mailing list use gpg og pgp?

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Sep 13 12:12:28 PDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 proclus at iname.com wrote:
> We need to show that encryption is vital to commerce and to our
> national security interests, otherwise it will be a casualty of war (
> and rightly so ).

We don't need to use their (crappy) reasoning.

Encryption is vital to freedom of expression which is vital to
democracy... everything else is secondary (at best).

Commerce and national security are about ten-thousandth on my list of
personal priorities, but personal freedom and expression are right up at
the top.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin