[free-sklyarov] Topicality

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Sep 13 12:15:54 PDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Roger Sperberg wrote:
> Rather than making the blanket claim that the author and publisher
> should forego revenue opportunities, it would further your interest if
> instead you worked to persuade publishers to turn this feature on for
> the majority of books that will never have the audio rights sold.

I absolutely reject (boy, do I use that expression alot around here) the
idea that our law should support some particular business model.

It's simply true that the people and public knowledge (through our use and
understanding of the personal computer, the greatest [most flexible]
invention of all mankind) have made that business model slightly more
difficult to pursue.

I don't care about what kind of contracts they like to set for one
another.  Those contracts SHALL NOT impinge upon my rights.  I am not a
party of or beneficiary to those contracts.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net