[free-sklyarov] Topicality

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Thu Sep 13 15:35:26 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:59:12AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > seriously, this is a PR suicide. trying to claim a RIGHT for a
> > text-to-speech feature? get real.
>
> The issue isn't the feature's being enabled or disabled, it's the weight
> of law behind what is only a technical issue.

I agree completely that DMCA is a bad law, that EUCD will become one
and that circumvention prohibitions in absence of copyright
infringement are possible the most stupid thing I've seen in
legislation so far (right in front of that famous law about female drivers
from the early 20th century).

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org