encryption-as-a-right writeups? [Re: [free-sklyarov] War: Dmitry and encryption]

Alex Fabrikant alexf at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 14 01:54:51 PDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 proclus at iname.com wrote:
> Every website that is related to Free-Dmitry should post a message of
> sorrow and outrage to their websites regarding the terrorist attack.
> See GNU-Darwin for an example.  Just scroll down to the flowers.
>
> http://gnu-darwin.sourceforge.net/

This is a good idea. I put up some semblance of this on
sf.freesklyarov.org and encourage other sites to do something similar. I
_would_ like a pointer or two on _good_ (well-argued, reasonably short,
understandable to general public) writeups on why encryption is vital to
individual rights (to link to under the "educate yourself about it" text),
and I can't seem to think of any off the top of my head. Suggestions?

--
-alexf